Thursday, November 20, 2014

Oops, I did it again: Nature Republic edition

I had to run a couple errands in Soho yesterday and found myself on Centre Street, just a few blocks away from the Chinatown Nature Republic...and I was running low on my Super Aqua Max Watery essence, plus I have the Combination one that isn't quite moisturizing enough for me this time of year...

Who am I kidding, I stopped in.

It's not as big or nice as the location in Flushing, and as a result doesn't carry as many of their products. I explained to the shop girl that I was happy with the essence I was using but needed something more moisturizing for this time of year, and she directed me to the Placenta EX essence. I put a little on my hand and it was nice, but...placenta? Not sure I can go there. (I'm even less sure about spending $36 on placenta and then rubbing it on my face.)

When I got home I tried to find some info online about the Placenta EX line of products, but I couldn't really find anything (in English, anyway). Nature Republic in general seems to be a store I can't find much about online, but for some reason I'm drawn to them.

ANYWAY, here's what I picked up:



I don't wear a lot of makeup but I've been wanting to try an oil-based cleanser anyway- earlier this year I spent a couple months just "washing" my face with coconut oil and it was pretty cool, just kind of a pain because I only own so many washcloths.

So I got:
  • the argan oil cleanser because I've seen a billion articles about how argan oil is amaaazing
  • the dry skin version of the Super Aqua Max essence (I was looking at their fermented The First one but I want to try the Missha one- it's going on the xmas wish list!)
  • and the White Birch Mist, which I tried spraying on myself while waiting for the train home but it was windy so the spray got everywhere but on my face. 

They gave samples of the snail stuff but I asked for something else (no anjimals on my face plz), so I got a few samples of The First cream. Not exactly a lot for what I spent there, but oh well.



Since I was in the neighborhood I also stopped at oo35mm for the first time, but I'll save that for another post. Here's the summary: everything there is seriously overpriced.

No comments:

Post a Comment