Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Intro Post!

Hi there! So, I’ve started a blog where I can talk to the internet about my new interest in (okay, obsession with) Korean skin care/beauty products. I can’t tell you how or why this started- one day a couple months ago I just found myself in a spiral of blogs and websites from which I have yet to extricate myself. I’ve never particularly had an interest in skin care before. I just don’t get it. But here we are.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think part of the reason K-beauty appeals to me is that it's less about makeup (which I like, but don't know much about either- like I can barely put on lipstick without looking like a toddler who found her mom's makeup) and more about making your skin look good so that you don't HAVE to use a lot of makeup.

And sometimes I look for reviews of certain products online and can’t find any, so I decided to start a blog where I could post my own. And whine about the things I want that I don’t have yet. :)

A bit about me: I’m 32 years old and live in Queens, New York. This is a good place to be if you’re into K-beauty (aside from like, Korea, I guess) because I’m just a train ride away from Flushing. This is also a bad place to be because I am not made of money and I want ALL THE THINGS! Also I feel like I need more faces to use all the stuff I want.

I’ve had pretty good skin all my life. Someone recently told me I had rosacea, but I like to think of them as my rosy Slavic cheeks. My skin doesn’t seem to be one specific type, so I think of it as normal/combination/sensitive, and it gets dry in the winter. So I don't even know what my skin type is. Every kind! \o/

Some of my other interests include hockey (go Caps!), knitting, and indie rock. I work as a massage therapist, which I love. I live with my awesome boyfriend of 3+ years. I'm originally from the DC suburbs but moved to Queens in 2005.

Looking forward to blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment